Search found 2 matches

Go to advanced search

by [email protected]
Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:16 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: STL file renders as hollow.
Replies: 3
Views: 5240
 
Jump to post

Re: STL file renders as hollow.

Lots of disconnected surfaces, many infinitely thin sheets that are not proper solids, and lots of flipped triangles and incorrect surfaces The "hollow" rendering that you mentioned is caused by the fact that many of your normals are facing the wrong way.. Thanks for the help! I have edit...
by [email protected]
Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:53 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: STL file renders as hollow.
Replies: 3
Views: 5240
 
Jump to post

STL file renders as hollow.

Hi everyone, pretty new the this whole 3D printing/slicing thing. I just got the simplify3D software a few weeks ago and it has been a monumental difference from the stock replicatorG software. I need some help with a strange occurance that is happening with specific STL files in the slicer. I have ...

Go to advanced search