Search found 11 matches

Go to advanced search

by ml3dprints
Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:11 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: x and y motor skip and shifted layers based on print speed
Replies: 3
Views: 1644
 
Jump to post

Re: x and y motor skip and shifted layers based on print spe

It's definitely not acceleration. I've done a bunch of different test prints at various speeds and jerk setting and picked the best one. It's definitely an issue with S3D at different print speeds because the problem goes away at certain speed settings as noted. I am not having the issue with Slic3r...
by ml3dprints
Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:23 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: x and y motor skip and shifted layers based on print speed
Replies: 3
Views: 1644
 
Jump to post

x and y motor skip and shifted layers based on print speed

Hi All, This is an interesting problem. Since S3D doesn't allow for changing the speed of small perimeters, I'm forced to set a lower overall speed for the print. I print PETG and can print larger perimeters and objects at 45mm/s. I cut the speed to 20mm/s. I would get skipping or more like pausing ...
by ml3dprints
Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:43 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: printing a single walled object
Replies: 1
Views: 880
 
Jump to post

Re: printing a single walled object

I think I found my answer viewtopic.php?f=9&t=57.

I will try that.
by ml3dprints
Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:23 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: printing a single walled object
Replies: 1
Views: 880
 
Jump to post

printing a single walled object

Is there a certain setting to print a single walled object? I can't see a print preview for this, and therefore it won't print the object. I have a .4mm nozzle and default extrusion width set.
by ml3dprints
Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:56 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: cannot get a print started
Replies: 14
Views: 5276
 
Jump to post

Re: cannot get a print started

I got it to work. The 5D firmware wasn't checked. After checking this box off, I now am able to print. Thanks to everyone for your responses.
by ml3dprints
Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:02 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: cannot get a print started
Replies: 14
Views: 5276
 
Jump to post

Re: cannot get a print started

I did not change anything with the default profit other than my speed, infill, and such parameters. So yes the built in profile is causing this. I included the m101/m102/m103 commands, and I was able to see the print in preview. However, I am still getting the same problem.
by ml3dprints
Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:20 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: cannot get a print started
Replies: 14
Views: 5276
 
Jump to post

Re: cannot get a print started

No wonder. I had the travel moves on, so I assumed that was the model. Sure enough unchecking that box shows nothing. Could this be a bug in the Mac version?
by ml3dprints
Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:41 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: cannot get a print started
Replies: 14
Views: 5276
 
Jump to post

Re: cannot get a print started

I had to add .pdf to the extension to get it to post. Just delete the .pdf. I'm not sure it is showing all the processes, but it is the Red 100 process.
by ml3dprints
Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:03 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: cannot get a print started
Replies: 14
Views: 5276
 
Jump to post

Re: cannot get a print started

I've tried a Z vertical offset with the following parameters: -.10mm, -.05mm, 0mm, .05mm, .10mm, .15mm, .2mm, and .25mm. All setting print exactly the same except when the nozzle is too high as in .2mm and .25mm. When it's starts printing, I can see the change on the LCD to the Z position based on a...
by ml3dprints
Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: cannot get a print started
Replies: 14
Views: 5276
 
Jump to post

Re: cannot get a print started

If the nozzle was too close to the bed, it would not print with the other program. I have had that happen before, and that is usually a bed leveling issue. My bed is level. Does S3D calculate Z values differently? As it stands now, my Z leveling should be about .1mm.

Go to advanced search