Search found 5 matches

Go to advanced search

by AntonO
Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:25 am
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Behavior of the first layer
Replies: 12
Views: 5755
 
Jump to post

Re: Behavior of the first layer

Guys, I think I figured out what happens. The calibration procedure of my printer requires to apply much higher pressure to the calibration card to get a good offset ( In comparison with different printers I worked with before). So my nozzle was obviously too high, what caused separation of the firs...
by AntonO
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:57 am
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Behavior of the first layer
Replies: 12
Views: 5755
 
Jump to post

Re: Behavior of the first layer

Thank you guys! Okay, it explains why we see such a weird behavior in g-code preview. But it doesn't explain why I actually get the under extrusion when I print it. When I print on 100% for First layer height I get exactly the same as in g-code preview (under extrusion). When I rise it to 200% no un...
by AntonO
Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:38 am
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Behavior of the first layer
Replies: 12
Views: 5755
 
Jump to post

Re: Behavior of the first layer

You can actually see that layer is colored in green color, what actually corresponds to Solid layer.
It is the link to factory file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwLRxx ... sp=sharing
I hope somebody has an explanation, because I can not figure it out. :(
by AntonO
Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:52 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Behavior of the first layer
Replies: 12
Views: 5755
 
Jump to post

Behavior of the first layer

I have recently found something strange to me. When I manually regulate the height of the first layer (using "First layer settings") and make it very small I get a huge under extrusion in g-code preview. https://s13.postimg.org/60fwqb7bn/too_close_gcode.png https://s13.postimg.org/o1z1o41c...
by AntonO
Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Perimeter test failure.
Replies: 1
Views: 1426
 
Jump to post

Perimeter test failure.

Hello guys, I recently started to use Simplify3D! It is great software, but I have a problem with adjustment of amount of plastic extruded. I have a slight under extrusion after I adjusted amount of plastic extruded using perimeter test (Printing a square with wall thickness of one layer, measuring,...

Go to advanced search