Search found 4 matches

Go to advanced search

by rkrammes
Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:18 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed leveling.
Replies: 7
Views: 9429
 
Jump to post

Re: Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed level

I'm talking about the Z-Axis offset in the Global G-Code Offsets section of the G-Code tab in the process settings of Simplify 3D. This is what I had been using to fine tune the first layer in my prints. G1 commands seem to work fine. If the G1 commands work, then there's no reason why the global g...
by rkrammes
Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:36 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed leveling.
Replies: 7
Views: 9429
 
Jump to post

Re: Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed level

Many firmwares won't let you go past Z=0, so if your offset is negative enough, it won't matter what you command, it will only go to what the firmware sees as Z0 (which is defined by your probe offset). In this instance I actually am printing a bit too close to the print bed and am trying to apply ...
by rkrammes
Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:45 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed leveling.
Replies: 7
Views: 9429
 
Jump to post

Re: Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed level

I'm talking about the Z-Axis offset in the Global G-Code Offsets section of the G-Code tab in the process settings of Simplify 3D. This is what I had been using to fine tune the first layer in my prints.

G1 commands seem to work fine.
by rkrammes
Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:18 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed leveling.
Replies: 7
Views: 9429
 
Jump to post

Help with Z-offset after installing sensor for bed leveling.

Sorry guys I haven't been able to figure this one out on my own. I added a mini IR sensor to do auto bed leveling and I must have messed something up in Marlin because now the global offset for Z doesn't seem to affect the starting height. The only thing that seems to work is changing the z probe of...

Go to advanced search