Search found 6 matches

Go to advanced search

by Power_Broker
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Not Printing Curves Propperly
Replies: 10
Views: 6439
 
Jump to post

Re: Not Printing Curves Propperly

That duck looks way better than your first part. I guess the visible stops at direction changes are gone now with correct settings? No, the point I was trying to make was that the ridges still occur but their severity depends on model resolution/number of polygons. I've had high resolution prints c...
by Power_Broker
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Not Printing Curves Propperly
Replies: 10
Views: 6439
 
Jump to post

Re: Not Printing Curves Propperly

So I tried reconfiguring S3D for my printer (I'm 99% sure it was done correctly in the first place, though) and printed a new model. This new model is much more detailed and has a lot more polygons around the edges. As you can see, the ridges are less pronounced, but are still present. I really thin...
by Power_Broker
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Not Printing Curves Propperly
Replies: 10
Views: 6439
 
Jump to post

Re: Not Printing Curves Propperly

It's a new printer - I bought it new and never messed with the firmware. The print itself probably took 10 hours or so (can't remember, it was a while ago). I'm pretty sure S3D is configured to my printer, but I'll reconfigure S3D and do a test print in a few days to make sure. I hope I can fix this...
by Power_Broker
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Not Printing Curves Propperly
Replies: 10
Views: 6439
 
Jump to post

Re: Not Printing Curves Propperly

Thank you both. While watching it print, I have noticed that the problem is that when changing print directions, it pauses ever so slightly (yet still extrudes during the slight pause), causing excess filament at the corners and producing these bumps. Is there a way to dynamically set the extrusion ...
by Power_Broker
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Not Printing Curves Propperly
Replies: 10
Views: 6439
 
Jump to post

Not Printing Curves Propperly

I have a MakerGear M2 and have noticed that when I print a piece that has a curve, the resulting model has bumps along the curve where the extruder has to change directions. Is there any setting in Simplify3D that I can change to make the curves come out without bumps? (please see attached pic for d...
by Power_Broker
Sun May 21, 2017 2:50 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Extra Geometries in Sliced Model
Replies: 1
Views: 819
 
Jump to post

Extra Geometries in Sliced Model

Hey guys, I just got my Makergear M2 a couple of days ago and I've been using Simplify3d as my slicer. All has been going quite well until today. Simplify3d correctly sliced my model, BUT has added an extra column for some unknown reason (check out my screenshots and .obj). Can anyone help me fix th...

Go to advanced search