Search found 5 matches

Go to advanced search

by lockedup
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:52 am
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?
Replies: 4
Views: 2425
 
Jump to post

Re: Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?

I think the default temp is to low for makerbot brand PLA at the speed:
https://support.makerbot.com/learn/3d-p ... ture_13462

Anytime I lower the temp it seems to give issues.
by lockedup
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:48 am
Forum: Troubleshooting and Bug Reports
Topic: Clog after successful first print
Replies: 1
Views: 821
 
Jump to post

Clog after successful first print

I have a model that I can print but when I try to reprint after letting the extruder cool, the second attempt ALWAYS fails due to a clogged nozzle.

After I clear the clog via unload/load the next print is OK.

Any ideas?

Makerbot Replicator 2
Makerbot PLA
by lockedup
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:39 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?
Replies: 4
Views: 2425
 
Jump to post

Re: Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?

I tried defaults again and it failed on try #1, spaghetti monster and nothing sticks at all. (The rep g file works fine still). Leveled the build plate again and setup a file with -0.20 z-axis. Try #2 it didn't even complete the purge before it clogged. Cleared the clog. Try 3 got past the purge aft...
by lockedup
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 am
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?
Replies: 4
Views: 2425
 
Jump to post

Re: Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?

It failed with default settings but I will go back and retry them with only bed tweaks.

I can't see how it would be the bed height though when I am able to go right back to a rep g created file and it works flawlessly... unless there was something in rep g that was also tweaking the bed height.
by lockedup
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:01 am
Forum: General Discussion and Tips
Topic: Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?
Replies: 4
Views: 2425
 
Jump to post

Is there a way to get S3D to mimic my old RepG startup/wipe?

I have a replicator 2 with makerbot firmware. I used to create g code and x3g files with replicator g (0040) skeinforge 50. The laptop I used for everything died so I installed S3D on my PC yesterday because I could not get repg and python to cooperate on my PC. With S3D my issues seem to be mostly ...

Go to advanced search