Dual extrusion standby temp

Post your feature requests here for the developers to see and comment on your favorites
WTLgrinda

Dual extrusion standby temp

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Cura has it...

I know there is a workaround using the tool change script but it would be way more intuitive (and get faster print times) to set an Active/Standy/Off temperature for each toolhead.

As an example i'm printing key tags for a customer fleet of vehicles where i have to write text with T1 on 3 last top layers. The T0 is used for the "body" of the tag. Right now, S3D heats up both nozzle for the whole part when the T1 is only needed for the last 3 layers. The slicer has the ability to estimate the time until the tool is needed and insert the M104 to bring it to standby and finish off with M109 when the tool is needed.

Again, i could get around it using the variable settings wizard and some scripts... or S3D team could add this function and make it much more user friendly

brian442

Re: Dual extrusion standby temp

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:02 am

You don't need the variable settings wizard, you can just enter the layer where you want to lower the extruder temp on the Temperature tab. They already allow customizing temperatures at specific layers.

WTLgrinda

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 pm

I know that... that’s not what the point of this request was. Duetweb control uses a standby temp for unused tools, cura includes it also.

It just makes so much sense to predict tool change and slice the part accordingly. Reduces print time, reduces oozing and simplifies the settings.

J_Moore

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 pm

WTLgrinda - I can't agree more. This is the one feature that currently has me using Cura for Dual Extrusion. It has also allowed me to eliminate the need for an ooze shield. I still use a prime pillar but eliminating the ooze shield not only saves time and saves material, but also, is one less thing on the build plate that can cause a failure. I would absolutely love this feature!!

starwatcher222

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 pm

J_Moore wrote:WTLgrinda - I can't agree more. This is the one feature that currently has me using Cura for Dual Extrusion. It has also allowed me to eliminate the need for an ooze shield. I still use a prime pillar but eliminating the ooze shield not only saves time and saves material, but also, is one less thing on the build plate that can cause a failure. I would absolutely love this feature!!

- YES - this my #1 feature request too, especially when it comes to print Dual with PVA!

Return to Feature Requests