ccollins

Re: [REQUEST] Smart startpoints for layer

S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:33 pm Thanks for the great ideas all around! I've forwarded this excellent feedback to our development team. I'll also stick around and monitor this thread for any other ideas about start point options.
sorry to necro this, but wanted to chime in. seam alignment has always been a little funky especially on complex geometries. +1

perhaps the ability to force the seam/retraction points on perimeters manually would be useful.
armsofilum

Re: Smart startpoints for layer

I know I've posted this before, but since Jake asked for more start point suggestions I'll bring it back up.

Relative start points. I love being able to specify a coordinate close to where I want perimeters to start. However, when I add multiple parts to the build plate or need to move a part, the coordinates are fixed to a specific point on the bed. That makes setting up multi-part prints really time consuming. Cura gets this feature right with the ability to make seam placement relative to the midpoint of the model(s).
S3D-Jake

Thanks again for the great feedback! I've added this to our list of suggested improvements for start points.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
parallyze

For manual placement I'd love to see some kind of "helper tool". Maybe something exactly like the placement of manual supports, just
a bar from the bed pointing upwards, setting the start/end point location for the currently selected process (or all).

If more than one of these "locators" would be supported for a single process that would make setting up multiple objects easier. Or
placing the start/end points for a single object to the closest "locator"...

The cherry on top would be:
While placing "locators" wireframe view is enabled and some kind of magic highlighting happens, showing where the start/end points will end up :mrgreen:

Start-End_Locators.jpg
(blue: "locators", red: position of start/stop points set for the selected process)

Return to “Feature Requests”