Toastinator

Proper Material Manager

I have not been using S3D For a Crazy Long time, But There are Certain Items In the Process Sheet that are Global Variables and should be Tied to The Material used.

Forexample:

In the Other Tab - Filament Diameter, Price and Density are all Tied to the Printer Profile Selected and Should be Tied to Material Selected.

It would be Nice to have a Separate Window Pop up to add New and Modify Material Profiles or Import/Export Filament Profiles
S3D-Jake

Re: Proper Material Manager

Thanks for the feature request! You can already link the material properties to each of your material presets. More on that in the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14732#p56756

I'll keep an eye on your thread to see how many other users are interested in just such a feature.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Toastinator

That work-around is Tied to the FFF Profile. Seams Strange to Tie those Variables to Device settings.

Should work for now, But a Real Material Configuration Settings area would make S3D Way nicer

I want this specifically to keep track of More expensive Filaments $100+ Per KG, It gives estimates that are always way off.

thanks for the reply
Omikron

I agree, managing multiple materials feels really cumbersome in S3D currently.

Ideally I would like to be able to assign material-specific overrides to almost any property so really picky filaments that require a great deal of fine tuning will be able to have more overrides assigned to them.
ShanesPlanet

Yes, yes and YES! I am new to the program, but am already pulling my hair out in the way preset materials are handled. I cam from another program and I took for granted the ease in which they handled it. Material managers would be great, along with alphabetizing presets lists. I had a LOT of time tied up in presets per materials and job type. In the end, the managing of it in THIS program, led me to delete the majority of them and just hope my brain stops fading with age, so quickly.
steuned

holy crap, thank you!!

i also don't understand why things like material cost and build volume is tied to processes.... the filament isn't getting cheaper, and my bed size isn't getting bigger at a different layer height.

saving processes and keeping them organized in a way that works is a process in itself, and not a simplified one
SANIC

I'd like to push this one up becaus it would be a nice feature to have Settings of Filament Properties stored in Material
Everytime I chanke Filament-Type I have to change the density and seek the correct value for the filament.
S3D-Jason

SANIC wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:30 am I'd like to push this one up becaus it would be a nice feature to have Settings of Filament Properties stored in Material
Everytime I chanke Filament-Type I have to change the density and seek the correct value for the filament.
This is already possible in Simplify3D V5. Just click Edit Process Settings, push the "..." button to the right of the "Save as New" button, then choose "Assign settings to categories". In the new window that pops up, search for "Filament price", and then assign that to the Material auto-configure category. Now, you can save separate prices for each filament type and those changes will be remembered for the future.
andrewpeters

I would like it if settings like retraction, coasting and extra restart distance would save with the material
S3D-Jason

Follow the instructions posted above, and you can easily make retraction, coasting, and extra restart distance so that they change with the material. You can fully control which settings change with the material now in V5.

Return to “Feature Requests”