TheBum

Simplify3D on iOS

Tue May 29, 2018 4:24 pm

I'd love to see a version of Simply3D on iOS. With the processing power of recent model iPhones, it should be feasible. Right now, if I want to start a print while I'm out and about, I have to VNC into my laptop, run Simplify3D, and upload to my Octopi before I can initiate the print from my phone. If my laptop isn't plugged into power and is asleep, that workflow falls apart. It would be great to do all that on my phone without the VNC step.

Johnm

Re: Simplify3D on iOS

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 pm

YES, second that! I have the 2gen iPad Pro 12.9”. I use UMake and Shaper3D apps. These are top quality 3D design apps. So the iPad can do it especially the newest iPad is even faster than my iPad. Right now I use an app file Browser to log into my Lenovo 2 in 1 running windows 10. Then I connect the Lenovo to my Monoprice Mini delta by USB. This works but it would be really nice just to be able to WiFi into the printer to upload the gcode file directly from my iPad. Skipingall the other steps. Right now in the windows Simplify3D version it does not have a WiFi option.
I think with File Browser you could remote in to an Octopi if you don’t mind using the Octopi’s Slicing software.

This option for an iPad app is really needed.

John

S3D-Jake

Re: Simplify3D on iOS

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Thanks for all the great ideas and discussion. Our app has been optimized for Windows tablets and 2 in 1's for quite some time now. I'll log this as a feature request for our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”