Johnm

Re: Simplify3D on iOS

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:35 pm

I am running the current software on my 2011 Macbook pro.
S3D-Jake wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:18 pm
Thanks for all the great ideas and discussion. Our app has been optimized for Windows tablets and 2 in 1's for quite some time now. I'll log this as a feature request for our development team.

Johnm

Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:41 am

I now have the 2020 iPad Pro. It is a perfect candidate for running Simplify3D. I am running Simplify3D right now on my early 2011 iPad Pro. So, there shouldn't be any reason that the iPad is not powerful enough to run Simplify3D. Also Apple is coming out with the new Macs with Apple silicon. Similar chip to what is in the iPad and iPhone. Unofficially, Programs written for the iPad should run on the new Macs. Killing 2 birds with one stone, here. I was thinking of maybe getting a new Mac with Apple Silicone and running Shapr3D an iPad app on the mac. A work around. But, if the new Macs don't have a Touch screen then that would not work. I personally would not want to use Simplify3D on an iPhone. Screen to small. But on a iPad Mini or larger screen I would love it. I think on the iPhone starting and stopping a print would be Ok. On my Mac I have to wake it up by going directly to the Mac every time I want to connect to it. Or tell the mac to never go to sleep. Not a streamlined process. When the only program I use my Mac for is Simplify3D. I use Repetier Server on a Raspberry Pi3. I love it. Great touch interface when connecting from my iPad. Again, I would love to take the Mac out of the equation.

Omikron

Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:06 pm

I would definitely be interested in S3D on iPadOS, but considering that they've been unsuccessful in releasing so much as a bug-fix update over the last two years, I question the use of resources being put into yet another platform.

Return to “Feature Requests”