legendarymaker01

PC Sleep Prevention while printing over USB

Hello! I would like to say that I am a huge fan of simplify 3D. I would love to see the feature added to prevent your computer from sleeping, whilst printing over USB. This would allow for sleep settings on your computer to be turned ON (to save power for desktop PC's), but not having to worry about the computer sleeping while printing.
DarthRevan

Re: PC Sleep Prevention while printing over USB

I know it's a quick toggle of the power settings on my windows laptop. Windows Key + X opens the quick links menu and then O selects the power options menu.
Win+X > O.png
Win+X > O.png (4.14 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
From there I can toggle performance, balanced, or power save. I use performance when printing so there is no sleeping of ports or drives, and power save after I know I'm back to normal activities.

All this to say, yes I agree it'd be more fun to have to not need to toggle this at all. +1 for this super convenient feature.
airscapes

This would be nice, but I don't believe the applications would have permission to change system settings. I had a dedicated laptop with win10, 16 gig or ram, sdd etc, which was set to never sleep but still had issues with printer stalling while windows wasted cpu time doing thing it thinks it needs to do. Least expensive workaround is a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with power supply and a 3d Printed case for it. Now you can access our printer and have full control from any device on your network and the internet if you set it up that way. I did pi and logitech webcam for under $100 added an extra usb keybaord/mouse and hdmi monitor I had in storage (not needed but nice to have next to the printer).. Now I my laptop is no longer anchored to the printer.. Just saying that even if the laptop doesn't sleep, you would still have pausing issues.. better to just eliminate Windows all together when controlling the printer.
Psychlist1972

Applications can definitely do this. See SetThreadExecutionState

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... utionstate

Pete

Return to “Feature Requests”