cybrsage

Multi Material Printing - use color purge as infill

This is specifically about using multi materials or colors. It is to reduce the waste cased by the purge tower.

The Prusa Edition of Slic3r has added the ability to purge the extra filament in the line as infill instead of just wasting all of it on a purge tower. Obviously, a purge tower is still needed, but a lot of waste material can be used as infill instead. An option to turn this feature on and off would be needed, in case you are printing with a translucent filament since you could see the other color inside it.
Psychlist1972

Re: Multi Material Printing - use color purge as infill

I would like to see this as well. My Prusa multi-material upgrade is coming near the end of the year. At that time, for any print where there's a fair bit of infill and multiple colors, I'll have to start using the Prusa Slic3r instead of Simplify 3D if this feature doesn't make it in.

Pete
cybrsage

I agree, this is a great feature that prevents a lot of filament waste. Free software has it...
boweeble

+1

I agree this feature would be very beneficial not only in saving print time but material as well...
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the great feedback guys! I'll be monitoring this thread to gauge user interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
kfonda

+1 more... it is a great idea.

Return to “Feature Requests”