furicks

Support Infill Percentage to 0%

In the latest version we still can't set Support Infill Percentage to 0%. The minimum is 1% which limits the flexibility of support generation considerably.

With the addition of this adjustment an entire profile can be dedicated to the generation of support material. Another profile can be used to control just the dense support layers and a 3rd profile is used to control the settings for the part. This is particularly useful when using a different material for the dense support.

For example, printing PVA onto a PLA support structure requires a large multiplier for the extrusion to nozzle width and a very slow speed. It's impractical to print the entire, mostly PLA, support structure at this very slow speed. Changing this one option to 0% would open up an entire world of customization and feature workarounds to solve problems. Another option is to have 1 dense support layer out of PLA which adheres well to itself and then have the next dense support layers be out of PVA. This is very complex to implement in a single profile but quite trivial to implement in a multiple profile setup.

It seems like a very simple adjustment but sometimes the difference between 0.00 and .01 is deceptively complex.
S3D-Jake

Re: Support Infill Percentage to 0%

Great ideas, furicks!

We'll keep this in mind when discussing new features for future releases.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
furicks

I'm very sad to see this is still missing from V4.1 but progress continues. Thanks for the latest release!

I first mentioned this option in April 2016. Thanks for all the work you do on what is easily the best slicer.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5076
steve220

Just want to add my support for this feature!
BlakLanner

Adding my support for this feature.

Return to “Feature Requests”