kurtnelle

Please provide the spec for the factory file

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:23 am

There are productivity features that I would like to see implemented in Simplify3D. Since I have no control over the development team, I would settle for just being able to generate and modify the factory file format. This way, I can write applications (private applications) to "automate" certain parts of my workflow. It would also be nice if I could have a command line option which would allow me to generate the .gcode files from a factory file without needing to launch the entire application. This way I can write code so I can just right click on a factory file and say Generate G.Code and Push to Octoprint.

arhi

Re: Please provide the spec for the factory file

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:47 am

++
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence

SusiT140V

Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:48 am

+1

However, I would stake my life on this having less than 0% of ever happening.

S3D-Jake

Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll be monitoring this thread to gauge user interest in this information being publicly available.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

AverageTurky

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:28 pm

+1

The company I work for is looking to automate a portion of their workflow and having command line access to the fff files and gcode generation would be IMMENSELY helpful in making that happen. We absolutely love using simplify3D but the lack of a command line interface is forcing us to consider other options.

Return to “Feature Requests”