Nismo370z

Gyroid infill

If you don't know what it is, google it... We need this in S3D!
autonumous3D

Re: Gyroid infill

i second this. owl love to see it in Simplify3D
S3D-Jake

Thanks for your interest in this highly requested feature. How would you expect this type of infill to operate when combined with the existing infill options given by Simplify3D? Do you have any feedback on how you'd want to see it integrated?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
bolsoncerrado

PLease make it happen, too!
stevejay

Yes gyroid infill would be a great addition to simplify3d it has my vote
Nismo370z

S3D-Jake wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:06 pm Thanks for your interest in this highly requested feature. How would you expect this type of infill to operate when combined with the existing infill options given by Simplify3D? Do you have any feedback on how you'd want to see it integrated?
Honestly, I would just like to see it as an option for infill type. It is supposed to be more structurally sound than other types of infills and if we had the option to choose it, that's all I want to see :)
arhi

S3D-Jake wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:06 pm How would you expect this type of infill to operate when combined with the existing infill options given by Simplify3D? Do you have any feedback on how you'd want to see it integrated?
just like any other (hexagon or rectilinear or ...) infill type ..

This is actually getting to be more and more important to me myself as for same amount of infill/strength I'm getting WAAAAAAAAAAAY faster prints as due to gyroid having the smooth curve the head can move waaaaaaaaaaay faster then with for e.g. hexagon
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
antbarney

I would also like to see this added. Faster print speeds as well as stronger infill
shocksofmighty

arhi wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:15 am This is actually getting to be more and more important to me myself as for same amount of infill/strength I'm getting WAAAAAAAAAAAY faster prints as due to gyroid having the smooth curve the head can move waaaaaaaaaaay faster then with for e.g. hexagon
This actually doesn't make sense to me. Curves require directional changes which means more accelerations and deceleration. Unless you have high jerk values, I would think you should always be able to move fastest in a straight line.
arhi

shocksofmighty wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:09 pm
arhi wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:15 am This is actually getting to be more and more important to me myself as for same amount of infill/strength I'm getting WAAAAAAAAAAAY faster prints as due to gyroid having the smooth curve the head can move waaaaaaaaaaay faster then with for e.g. hexagon
This actually doesn't make sense to me. Curves require directional changes which means more accelerations and deceleration. Unless you have high jerk values, I would think you should always be able to move fastest in a straight line.
I was not comparing it to same % straight lines infill but to same strength infill (whatever % is required to get same strength) ... you need lot more straight lines (more dense infill) to get same strength as with sparse gyroid hence gyroid is way faster then those denser straight line infills, or compared to other strong sparse infill like hexagon that's similar in strength for same infill % gyroid is waaaay faster then hexagon (with same acceleration/jerk settings) ...

so speed wise gyroid is champion according to my tests ...
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence

Return to “Feature Requests”