autonumous3D

Support for Resin printers? - AnyCubic Photon and others

Being abel to use S3D with my anycubic photon would be great.
rsilvers

Re: Support for Resin printers? - AnyCubic Photon

I second this.

But it would need to be at least as good, or better than the free alternatives like ChiTuBox. Would need it to do resin-style supports but also want features like auto-part-angle to minimize bottom-faces, and a way to add drain holes, and a way to hollow models, and a way to have infill-lattice.

Check out the features of ChiTuBox and Formware.
laird

Given how terrible the ANYCUBIC Photo Slicer and ChiTuBox are, it wouldn't be hard to be better.

And as I own several printers including (now) a Photon, I'd sure like to see Photon support added to S3D.
Ayres3D

I'd love this too, but as the mechanisms for SLA and DLP are so radically different than for FDM it seems like a significant diversion and the resultant product would be so different to the FDM one,that it would bear almost no relation. The vast majority of the slicer settings wouldn't be relevant.

I can't help but feel that that would divert resources from the myriad other requests; nice though I agree it would be!
S3D-Jake

I'd love to see this too! Thanks for bringing it up. Are there any other printers you guy's would be interested in seeing supported? I know the photon is popular and they now have a newer version. What about other brands and models?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
rsavell

Re: Support for Resin printers? - AnyCubic Photon and others

Another one to consider please would be the ELEGOO Mars
S3D-Jake

rsavell wrote:Another one to consider please would be the ELEGOO Mars
Awesome! Thanks for adding your suggestion. I'll note that printer's name for our developers to review alongside this request for additional printer types being supported.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
cybrsage

For now, Prusa's Slic3r fork has support for Resin printers, due to them selling one.
JBSchroeds

Peopoly just announced their Phenom model (https://peopoly.net/products/phenom) which uses the same type of MSLA technology as the smaller Photon/Mars/SL1 printers and will also be using ChiTu Box. I'm very interested in that printer, but playing around with the ChiTu software I'm not sure I want to invest that much in a printer with such...mediocre software. Simplify3D as an alternative would be great (and SLA/MSLA support would pretty much guarantee I'd upgrade to 5.0).
torporus

I too would second the request for the Elegoo Mars printer! It also seems to be gaining in popularity by quite a bit seeing as how the hardware is roughly the same as the anycubic photon but is quite a bit cheaper.
A DLP/ MSLA support in general would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Feature Requests”