Psychlist1972

Infill instead of or in addition to prime pillar

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:36 pm

I have a Prusa MK3 with the new multi-material upgrade, supporting 5 feeds.

The default software for the Prusa includes a great option to let you print the primary part infill using what would normally end up on a priming pillar. I was hoping that option would be present in Simplify3D with the new MM additions.

So, my requests:
1. Allow an option for each "extruder" so that it can be used as infill rather than just a prime/waste pillar (this should be per-extruder in case we have water-soluble or other material not suitable for infill)

2. Consider other ways to use the waste, like defining another model that is to be printed rather than the pillar. This can be a model that we'll use in all its multi-color glory, or just paint.

Thanks.

Pete

S3D-Jake

Re: Infill instead of or in addition to prime pillar

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks for your feedback on this existing feature request! We're happy to add this thread to the existing threads we're already tracking for feedback on how our users want this type of issue handled going forward. For further discussion and other ideas you may wish to see the other threads (listed below).

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10547
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10698
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

takedownca

Re: Infill instead of or in addition to prime pillar

Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:30 pm

This would be a great addition. Often times the pillar ends up using more material than the model itself.

Return to “Feature Requests”