kurtnelle

Parallel Processes/ Process Inheritance

As part of the decision making process, I often have to change settings to minimize build time/cost. One of the most important aspects of that is the time variance based on the nozzle diameter. When you change a setting in the process it tends to stick for future prints. This is fine except that It doesn't highlight which properties are sticky vs which ones were from the profile (a border colour around the ui element would be nice).

It would be nice if we could add processes as a child of another process so that I can make changes to the base process and be able to export G-Code for the child processes (one at a time is fine). This way, I can export for .8 nozzles and .35 nozzles without having to do remember to setup the processes identically. This would also help since we're using totally different machines (with different nozzles) and I want the print settings to be the same across all of them but only for a specific part/sub part process.
wirlybird

Re: Parallel Processes/ Process Inheritance

Could you use the "Save As New" to take the process you like/want to alter and make a new copy then change what you need and save with a new name?

For instance I took my PLA process for one printer with a 0.4 nozzle and saved a new version for another same model printer with a 0.2 nozzle.

Return to “Feature Requests”