blakilox

Cull Prime Pillar for Dual Extrusion

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:33 pm

I have a 2 color model, where all the Dual Color is at the base 2mm
So using the Dual Extruder Wizard, I can get it to print
as its Black and Yellow I got to use a large prime pillar to empty the head out,
the result is a Huge Black Prime pillar, where really only the bottom 2 MM is needed for the Prime, result the Prime Pillar uses more filament than the whole model
so I beleive using the Variable Settings Wizard is the go, to cull the prime pillar at height x
However this seems not possible once the 2 processes have been grouped by the Dual Wizard
"Must be ungrouped" message

Accordingly this is possible... can Someone please give me a clue how, thanks

zemlin

Re: Cull Prime Pillar for Dual Extrusion

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:40 pm

I've never used the variable wizard, so I can't speak to that - but if you have two processes - one with and one without the prime pillar - go to the ADVANCED tab to set the start and stop heights for each process.

blakilox

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks
I guess it cant be done with the Dual Wizard
so instead of the Dual Wizard, then I guess I got to make 2 manual processes (not in a group) that does similar thing
I never could figure out how to assign a color to each process, they would both look the same because when I tried this, I did try to delete an opposite extruder from them both, though I cant remember why but that didn't work
It would be good if the Color on the virtual Display, could be assigned like the actual color, it would make things so much more Simple to visualise
Thankyou, I got to burn a few days and try to work this out, sometimes each trial and burn take like 4 hours haha

blakilox

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:23 am

Naaaah
This isn't working for me either,
so I end up with 4 Processes, it looks like this
Process 1-1 -- Yellow Color
Process 2-1 -- Black Color
Process 1-2 -- Yellow Color Above 2.2mm with no Prime Pillar (Cull the prime pillar)
Process 2-2 -- Black Color Above 2.2mm with no Prime Pillar (Cull the prime pillar)

So then I go to Print it, and I cant because of Overlaps,
Because I don't know what Special thing the Dual Extrusion wizard does, though what it does do extra is assign the Colors (Extruders) so there seems no manual way to do whatever magic that wizard does

If this was part of the Process itself, where you could say like "Prime Pillar Height" or make that part of the Dual Extrusion Wizard (The Wizard needs to be more Wizardy) or allow Process splitting for groups then we would be dandy

Dual Extrusion is Lagging, think some "Simplify" features are needed
Till then I just got to go on wasting more than half my Filament because I got to get this put to Production

Return to “Feature Requests”