tmoore

Feature Request Clamp Buttons

Small round disks or squares placed at the corners would keep the corners tacked down during ABS printing and help you get the print off the bed after the bed cools. It would act like brim but could be placed like manual support. I can add them to just about anything I design but on the parts that are already designed these need to be added after the fact.

Thoughts?
jimc

Re: Feature Request Clamp Buttons

i do the same thing. i have pre made discs of different diameters and thicknesses. i keep the stls in a folder "mouse ears" if i have model that i know will lift i grab one, drop it on the table and duplicate however many i need the i can drag them around and stick one wherever i want.
bray.christopher

I'd vote for this. Yes we can do it manually, but it would be nice if it was a built in feature.
bbinnard

My printer (Atom2) has an unheated glass bed and I print only PLA. I had the same problem when printing parts with a rectangular shape - the corners would lift off the bed. I tried mouse ears but they didn't help much and were an extra complication both in design and post-printing cleanup.

I did solve the problem by printing on 3M Blue Painter's Tape, along with a small amount of glue-stick. This is an old, tried-and-true solution to the bed adhesion problem. It works really well - at least for my configuration..
pjones

+1
bray.christopher

The first step would be to add these as an option in the program. Full circles and the "pac-man" variation. You could define the OD and thickness. The thickness could be defined by either mm or # of layers.

The next step would be for the software to recommend when and where they are needed. Kind of like the auto-support.
Tetraodon

+1 :)

I print using ABS which is very prone to warping and some built-in disc options would be fantastic.

Return to “Feature Requests”