Miklb

Make sequential printing easier

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Hello,

I propose an improvment to help the user to make sequential printing less complicated to configure. For example, when we duplicate an object in the dialog box you could add tick to also duplicate the process. The new processed could be directly linked to only one model.
At the moment it takes a long time to create this for a lot of pièces: duplicate part, duplicate the process, group process and attribute a good part at good process by editing each one.

The problem is the same when you have à lot of parts that are differents. You could add an option to make an automatic duplication of processes corresponding to the part number. Each process will be automatically linked to each part.

Thank you !

Raise3D Pro Plus 2

Re: Make sequential printing easier

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:06 pm

And also printing head size indicator... for right placing parts on the build plate. Is not easy with 2 extruders machines...

Miklb

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:49 am

Yes it could be a good thing but I don't believe it will be implement (quickly so...). I have planned to draw my printing head to do this check. So allows us to replace the standard nozzle by the one we could draw could be a good thing to do a visual check ! However, implementing an automatic clash check would be even better !..

S3D-Jake

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:54 pm

These are some great ideas for improving the setup process for sequential printing. I've combined the feedback with some other really good ideas from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11754 for our dev team to look at. Also, I will continue to monitor both threads closely. :geek:

Our development team is interested to know how this can best be improved for our users that utilize sequential printing regularly. So every bit of feedback on this topic is enormously helpful!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”