jkprg

Outline overlap for bridges

Hi,

I couldn't find outline overlap settings specificaly for bridges only while printing well known stress test cube. Cura 3.6 can handle that very nicely but I'm having a problem with bridges because they don't stick to outline enough in S3D 4.1.1.

S3D 4.1.1.:
S3D 4.1.png
Cura 3.6.0:
Cura 3.6.png
The only workaround I've found was to use Variable Setting Wizard and set Infill Outline Overlap for part with bridges. But it's really not a smooth way to do it. So I think a specific settings would be helpful.

BTW As a 3D beginner printing the stress test cube with falling bridges this was the first option I was trying to find. So I was very surprised it didn't exist.
S3D-Jake

Re: Outline overlap for bridges

Can you please share your factory file? This will provide the profile you're slicing with as well as the model. This should assist anyone who also has this issue or come to your thread trying to provide help.

I'm not familiar with them model you've referenced. But I believe that Bridging Inflation Distance may be of some use to you in areas where bridging isn't sticking.

You can find more detail on each bridging setting here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2363
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
jkprg

Here you have the factory file. Thanks for help
Stress_Test_1.factory
(4.75 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
I'm particulary interested in area where outline is bridge as well. Just like in my previous screenshot.
S3D-Jake

You can add more bridging inflation distance and the bridging will overlap the infill areas as well. Also if you need the perimeters to have bridging settings applied, you can check the box to have the settings applied to them.

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
jkprg

S3D-Jake wrote: You can add more bridging inflation distance and the bridging will overlap the infill areas as well.
Yes, I was playing with that parameter but unfortunately it didn't help with this area:
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 21.50.12.png
S3D-Jake wrote: Also if you need the perimeters to have bridging settings applied, you can check the box to have the settings applied to them.
Ah. I missed that settings. Nice (although I would expect it's enabled by default).

I'm leveraging stratched bridges to avoid sagging using bridge underextrusion but then bridges don't bond properly to outline. I might play with bridging speed as well to avoid underextrustion. But I really think an extra outline overlap for bridges will be helpful.

Thank you

Return to “Feature Requests”