Menissalt

Option for Cooling by Height Instead of by layer

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:13 am

It would be very useful to have the option to change cooling by height. Having this for temperature might have some use cases as well.

Every time we change to a different layer height we have to figure out what layer number to set fan speeds to. For example, my printers fans are too powerful to run full power below a certain height, not a set number of layers.

S3D-Jake

Re: Option for Cooling by Height Instead of by layer

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:44 pm

You can already do this with the variable settings wizard. Say your full fan speed height is 5mm. Goto variable settings wizard and create a process split at 5mm. Then your process 1-2 will be for the model's section above 5mm. Inside process 1-2 set fan speed setpoint of layer 1 - 100% and delete the other setpoints. In process 1-2 set any setpoints you like. I used layer 0 - 0% and layer 1 - 50% as a quick test.

Process 1-1 setpoints (0mm - 5mm)
1 - 0%
2 - 50%

Process 1-2 setpoints (5mm +)
1- 100%

I hope this helps you to use your printer's fan in the way that you like. :ugeek:
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

wirlybird

Re: Option for Cooling by Height Instead of by layer

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 am

Also you may not really have to use the wizard.
I go to preview mode and then lower down through the layers until I determine the exact layer I want a change in the fan at and note the layer number to the right of the slider. Once you do it a time or two it is pretty easy.

Return to “Feature Requests”