Menissalt

Option for Cooling by Height Instead of by layer

It would be very useful to have the option to change cooling by height. Having this for temperature might have some use cases as well.

Every time we change to a different layer height we have to figure out what layer number to set fan speeds to. For example, my printers fans are too powerful to run full power below a certain height, not a set number of layers.
S3D-Jake

Re: Option for Cooling by Height Instead of by layer

You can already do this with the variable settings wizard. Say your full fan speed height is 5mm. Goto variable settings wizard and create a process split at 5mm. Then your process 1-2 will be for the model's section above 5mm. Inside process 1-2 set fan speed setpoint of layer 1 - 100% and delete the other setpoints. In process 1-2 set any setpoints you like. I used layer 0 - 0% and layer 1 - 50% as a quick test.

Process 1-1 setpoints (0mm - 5mm)
1 - 0%
2 - 50%

Process 1-2 setpoints (5mm +)
1- 100%

I hope this helps you to use your printer's fan in the way that you like. :ugeek:
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
wirlybird

Re: Option for Cooling by Height Instead of by layer

Also you may not really have to use the wizard.
I go to preview mode and then lower down through the layers until I determine the exact layer I want a change in the fan at and note the layer number to the right of the slider. Once you do it a time or two it is pretty easy.

Return to “Feature Requests”