RA1981

Feature request: disable extruder heating when not needed

Hi,

having a dual extruder printer, I've always to disable the 2nd extruder heating when printing with only the first. I think it should be possible to automatically disable the heating of a extruder when not needed.

Regards
ViperZ

Re: Feature request: disable extruder heating when not needed

please post the Factory File.
What is the model of 3D printer?
smoki3

RA1981 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 am Hi,

having a dual extruder printer, I've always to disable the 2nd extruder heating when printing with only the first. I think it should be possible to automatically disable the heating of a extruder when not needed.

Regards
Fully agree. It should be possible.

For example they can add a standby temperature. And if one nozzle is not used for the next 10 layer or next 5 min (this could be a seperated settings) than the set the nozzle to standby temperature
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the great thoughts, everyone! The discussion of automatically lowering the idle toolhead's temperature has been a hot topic in the past (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6396). I'll keep an eye on both threads to document our community's continued interest in the topic.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
krosstoph

I was forwarded from this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14471&p=54417&hili ... oph#p54417

Unfortunately the post was closed but I think not understood correctly. I want to have the exact opposite of what is the topic here.

Because of that, I will copy the text from the other topic here.
-------
Hello,

I have a dual extruder printer. I always reduce temp of inactive extruder to avoid burning/ooze. Printing is really slow due to extruder heating AFTER each layer before tool change. In Raise3D slicer I have the option to define a preheat time. So I can set a time in seconds before the tool change happens and the second extruder will already be hot when the tool change actually happens. This is an enormous time saver. Is there any possibility to have such feature in S3D by scripting?

------
The answer in the other thread was yes. But I still can't figure out how to script that. I do have a working script to lower temperatures. But not to heat up IN ADVANCE.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

krosstoph

Return to “Feature Requests”