Technopaul

I would like you to add features to your software

Hello here is a request to the developers of Simplify 3d
I would like you to add features to your software
I manufacture mechanical pressure parts with simplify 3d and unfortunately despite the corrector I can not have correct diameters either with flat holes on the shelf or parallel to the trays.
I am currently obliged to retouch the diameters of 0, 3mm on my 3d drawings.
I would also like to have another feature, currently we say how much contour is placed around the room and the software also places the same number of contour on the interior cutouts of the room and the holes.
I would like to have an option to set the number of contour I want on the cuts and holes to increase the stiffness for tightening the screws.
Thank you for providing an answer to tell me if this can be added in the next update.

Thank you

Bonjour

Voici une demande au développeurs de Simplify 3D
Je voudrais que vous ajoutiez des fonctionnalités à votre logiciel
je fabrique des pièces mécanique de pression avec simplify 3d et malheureusement malgré le correcteur je n’arrive pas a avoir des diamètres correctes que ce soit avec des trous a plat sur le plateau ou parallèle au plateaux.
Je suis obligé actuellement de retoucher les diamètres de 0,3mm sur mes dessins 3d.
J’aimerais aussi avoir une autre fonctionnalité, actuellement on dit combien de contour on place autour de la pièce et le logiciel place aussi le même nombre de contour sur les découpes intérieure de la pièce et les trous.
je voudrai pouvoir avoir une option pour placer le nombre de contour que je veux sur les découpes et les trous pour augmenter la rigidité pour le serrage des vis.
merci d’apporter une réponse pour me dire si cela peut être rajouter dans la prochaine mise a jour.

Merci a vous
meanwhile

Re: I would like you to add features to your software

100% agreed. This feature is in Cura 4.7, and it is a godsend. Saves so much time and solves a serious problem that is inherent to the process.

In Cura, it is called "Hole Horizontal Expansion".

Hole horizontal expansion
This feature has the exact same effect as horizontal expansion, except that is it only applied to closed holes on the X,Y plane of every layer, and not on the outside part of the model. This may help overcome screw holes that shrink too much and need to be compensated for.

It works very well, to the point that I've stopped printing models with S3D if they have holes where the sizing is crucial. It's kind of disappointing to have to do that.
S3D-Mitch

Thank you all for the suggestions! I have documented horizontal size compensation for holes/slots and increasing the number of perimeters around holes as feature requests for the development team. Please let us know if you have any further thoughts/suggestions relating to these ideas!
Omikron

If this feature is implemented, it would be helpful to be able to have S3D visually highlight what it sees as "holes" that are subject to this setting. Otherwise, I imagine there will be use cases where an end user *thinks* a hole is being adjusted when it is not, or assumes that a particular hole will not be adjusted when it in fact is.

Return to “Feature Requests”