MicroVoxel

Multiple Solid Infill Layers (Diaphragms)

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 pm

I would like to see an option to adjust the number of diaphragms such that when you choose to insert them every X number of layers, it will do Y number of solid layers.

Example:

Every 20 layers, print 3 diaphragms

If you are also interested in this feature, please reply below!
Personal Printer: Replicator 2
Yeah... I need to upgrade...

MicroVoxel

Re: Multiple Solid Infill Layers (Diaphragms)

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:36 pm

Is anyone else interested in this?
Personal Printer: Replicator 2
Yeah... I need to upgrade...

wirlybird

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:56 am

Try searching the feature requests. This has been requested in various forms many times.
But it is good to keep up the support for features.

rflulling

Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:52 am

Not sure about diaphragms as I have not found myself needing this one. But there seems to be tools missing in terms of layering that would be helpful.

* I have for instance asked for changes to the tools that standardize the language, so that we are not jumping from layers to inches and then lines, unless we want to. I find that measuring in Inches and then layers is a nuisance when I just want to select a layer. I find this is is only useful if I keep switching the object. Leaving the FFF intact.

* I use multi layer patterns to increase durability several times over. But I can only define linear movements based on numerical Angles provided. I would enjoy being able to define more than this as infill, including concentric, and define an alternation. The same as Diaphragm can be defined.

* For now the only recourse for either of us is to create multiple FFF with the wizard and set the layers we need manually. Though this can be exceedingly tedious. Also may cause random and unpredictable crashes when editing a profile, saving a profile or entering print preview.

Return to “Feature Requests”