Cyclonejack

Remove multiple supports at once?

Hello, I am auto generating fine 2mm supports to go around the rim of a helmet.
This works very well, but it also fills the helmet itself with MANY fine supports.
Currently I have to click and remove each of the unwanted supports ONE at a TIME, Hundreds of them.

This is a very time consuming and tedious process.
We need a way to box select supports or something similar to remove more than one support at a time.

Can anyone help here?

Thank you
Jack
ttn

Re: Remove multiple supports at once?

+1 if we could get a tool where holding click, then moving over supports to rermove them would make me very happy. I find myself running into this regularly since I print quiet a lot and many of them are fairly complex.
CoelacanthsKill

+1

When you have a 315mm^2 bed and 1000s of supports to remove because you can't specify an area to generate within, its annoying. Still faster removing already generated supports because they are evenly placed.
S3D-Jake

Hi guys!

This has been requested in many forms over the life of our product. We can all agree per pillar removal is nice when you need it, but for bulk deletions it's certainly tedious.

So I guess the important question is how would you most like to see this implemented?

Click and drag options could be a lasso, a rectangular selection, a circular selection, or even a paintbrush. Would all of those options be equally valid to use, or do you think one of them stands out as working universally for everything?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
zemlin

Of the options you list, a rectangular marquee selection would be my last choice. Whether a lasso or a paint brush sort of functionality I don't think I have a preference without test driving the implementation.
wirlybird

It is pretty simple in another program. You hold the shift key down and as the mouse pointer goes over a support it is removed. No need to actually hold or click the mouse button.
So you kind of remove supports with a "painting" type motion. it is functional for bulk removal.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the additional feedback, guys! I'll note this painting type behavior as a popular existing option.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
DarthRevan

wirlybird wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:41 pm It is pretty simple in another program. You hold the shift key down and as the mouse pointer goes over a support it is removed. No need to actually hold or click the mouse button.
So you kind of remove supports with a "painting" type motion. it is functional for bulk removal.
What software has this? I'd love to test it out!!! :)

Return to “Feature Requests”