Roysy

Multi-colour printing - minimising purge blocks

I would like to see a better way of handling purge filament so it can be used for making another object, albeit as a mismatch of colours and shades. Not all objects need to look pretty and can always be painted but the waste of filament from multi-colour printing is not just expensive but also environmentally unfriendly. Ideally it would be a win-win for this software if it could combine infill purging and additional object purging at the same time so the purge block is removed completely. Clearly the secondary object would need to be bigger than the colour object and a default filament may need to be used as well where not enough purge material for the layer is available. I believe some of this is available using Pruserslicer with P2PP but appears very complex. If Simplify3D had this simplified and already built in I would love it and so would potentially new users, (and old users who would likely pay for the updates too) . Multi-colour printing seems the next move in the industry and it would be nice to see Simplify3D lead the way. The software does indeed simplify processing but for a paid resource it needs to be leading the way.

Return to “Feature Requests”