benstuyts

Re: Feature Request: Provide support for 3D Mouse

Yes, +1 for me!

Thanks,
Ben
SusiT140V

Another +1

If you aren't going to to this - please just say so!

Thank you.

Susi x
mdatomke

+1

I really would know if you are working to get the 3D mouses runnig. It would be a nice feature for placing support structures, when my 3D mouse would work...

Greetings
Tom
mdatomke

I hope to get a answer from the S3D crew.
After all zoom in and zoom out is running with my spacemouse wireless. So it can not be so difficult to add the other axis?

Greetings
Tommy
mystixa

Re: 3D Mouse solved

This has been a often repeated question, and I have yet to see it answered conclusively in forums here or with 3dconnexion's forums. So Im capping old threads that come up in searches with this question but failed to help people achieve their goal. With a solution that actually works.

I had been looking fora long while for how to get a SpaceNavigator 3d mouse working with simplify3d design software. From what Ive seen this has been a requested feature for years in forums, both for that application and occasionally in 3dconnexion forums as well. The closest there has been is a few posts saying it can be done if you go in and edit the xml files by hand. This is a cryptic solution at best, and no example profile was ever shared to help make this a go. By default the newest versions of 3dxware will only zoom (mousewheel in simplify 3d).

I have gotten it to work in 3 steps.

1. Uninstall the modern utility.
2. Install an older version of the 3dxware software. I found a source of several older installs. I can confirm that it works with only a small amount of setup with the following install. 3DxWare64SPP_v10-0-11_r1165

There are several versions in between the one that worked for me and the modern software. Im not sure how modern you can get and retain the functionality, because I stopped with the first one that got me the desired functionality. If one of the more modern versions keeps the GUI for customizing the functions, please let me know.

3. Map the commands. For Simplify 3d, it doesnt have the same type of automatic key remapping we may be used to in modern games for example. So the solution using vjoy does not work. Instead its a menu driven approach with specified keys that can be chosen.

Instead in the 3dx software choose to map the functions using 2d mouse options to map to the functions that simplify 3d expects. I have full manipulation with rotation, zoom, and panning working from each of my desired axes. Dont stick with the mousewheel version even though it continues to work, because it only works in fits and starts. Instead use the 2d mouse and key setup of all the other commands for zooming, and it will act much more smoothly.
CutterSlade

Re: 3D Mouse

+1
mgg4

+1, but given the length of time this request has been open, it is not likely to see any action. :cry:
mdatomke

I can really not understand, why a high class 3D software does not support a 3D tool. Also I can not understand why nobody from S3D team give a statement about this. I loose my hope to get this problem fixed and hoped to get a answer what the problem is and why nobody from team cares.
jphofer

Add one more request for 3d mouse support.
spinellic

Another vote for the 3D mouse.

Return to “Feature Requests”