psignor

Re: 3D Mouse

+1
Psionic001

+1

@S3D-jake memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43189

On post 783 Jake mentioned this was one of the hottest requests in March 2019 at the 6 year mark.

Dosn't surprise me to see S3D still asleep at the wheel.
S3D-Jake

Re: Feature Request: Provide support for 3D Mouse

Psionic001 wrote: +1

@S3D-jake memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43189

On post 783 Jake mentioned this was one of the hottest requests in March 2019 at the 6 year mark.
3D mouse support is still one of our most requested features and I don't anticipate that comes as a surprise to anyone.

Here is what I said in March of last year before any delays in V5's launch where foreseen:
S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:20 am Thanks for your feedback and efforts to simulate actual mouse movements from the space mouse. We've got a close eye on this thread as it's one of the most hotly requested features. We're well aware of the steps required for gaining access to the spacemouse SDK. Version 5 and 4.1.* are both planned updates for later this year. Our development team is extremely busy at the moment. The entire team here at Simplify3D is excited to be working on the new updates. And I'm sure you are just as excited if not more to hear more about them.

Again, we greatly appreciate yours and everyone else's feedback and requests. They're definitely helping shape the future of the product!

Obviously we're still interested in providing this type of enhancement for our users especially considering it's been requested so many times. As many of you know, we've not announced the complete feature set for V5 at this time. We seriously value your opinions and hope that you'll continue to share them in an effort to help shape the future releases from Simplify3D,
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
mrtofuji

With how long this has been going on, I feel like there is a lot more to this than we know.

For example, perhaps the founders of Simplify3D and 3DConnexion were actually grade school buddies. Best buddies, in fact. One day, one of them discovers that their favorite action figure has gone missing. S/he recalls playing with it with his/her friend when their toys were battling for the supremacy of the first floor. S/he asks about it, but the friend feels like this is an accusation and gets defensive. The one looking for their toy gets suspicious about the defensiveness and starts to mistrust the other. This grew into a lifelong hatred and rivalry. While both went into the field of 3D, one went into software and the other hardware. Their silent rivalry spurred them on to create great things; always trying to out do the other while never acknowledging the other's existence. Unbeknownst to either of them, the action figure in question is still at the owner's mom's home lodged in between the couch cushions where the owner had left it all those years back, during the Great Kitchen Siege of 1998. The battle lasted only one afternoon, but had cost too much. War is hell.

So, can anyone at Simplify3D confirm or deny these rumors... that I started... just now?

In all seriousness though, 1- it sounds like it might be coming in version 5, which I look forward to buying (assuming it has 3DConnexion support), and 2- this pandemic has clearly trapped me in my house for far too long and my sanity is slowly slipping away.
S3D-Jake

mrtofuji wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 am With how long this has been going on, I feel like there is a lot more to this than we know.

For example, perhaps the founders of Simplify3D and 3DConnexion were actually grade school buddies. Best buddies, in fact. One day, one of them discovers that their favorite action figure has gone missing. S/he recalls playing with it with his/her friend when their toys were battling for the supremacy of the first floor. S/he asks about it, but the friend feels like this is an accusation and gets defensive. The one looking for their toy gets suspicious about the defensiveness and starts to mistrust the other. This grew into a lifelong hatred and rivalry. While both went into the field of 3D, one went into software and the other hardware. Their silent rivalry spurred them on to create great things; always trying to out do the other while never acknowledging the other's existence. Unbeknownst to either of them, the action figure in question is still at the owner's mom's home lodged in between the couch cushions where the owner had left it all those years back, during the Great Kitchen Siege of 1998. The battle lasted only one afternoon, but had cost too much. War is hell.

So, can anyone at Simplify3D confirm or deny these rumors... that I started... just now?

In all seriousness though, 1- it sounds like it might be coming in version 5, which I look forward to buying (assuming it has 3DConnexion support), and 2- this pandemic has clearly trapped me in my house for far too long and my sanity is slowly slipping away.
:lol:
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your theory. I can neither confirm nor deny any action figure based software vs hardware feud rumors.

I will go ahead and interpret this as an emphatic +1 vote for 3D mouse support.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”