jroy

Laying down support...

I find tidious laying down support structures a little block at a time. Can't we have a way to lay down the blocks like following a line, imaginary or derived from the stl model? Or clicking on a spot and holding the button while dragging until you release the mouse button.

What do you think?

Have a nice day,
vdamiani

Re: Laying down support...

Hi,
I've always wanted that kind of feature. Also, the program could "show" in color-code were the part needs support based on the surface angle defined in the support parameters.
jschroeder

When manually adding supports, it's tedious to make sure that support fills an entire area when added. I would like to see an option which 'fills' any empty space between towers. (let users set a minimum distnance and then have S3D fill any voids between manual support towers which are less than that distance)
S3D-Jake

Great feature request! I'd love to see something like this for a lot of the projects I work on here in our office. I've documented your request for our development team and will monitor your thread for additional user interest and ideas.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
wirlybird

S3D-Jake wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:45 pm Great feature request! I'd love to see something like this for a lot of the projects I work on here in our office. I've documented your request for our development team and will monitor your thread for additional user interest and ideas.
This plus being able to remove supports more efficiently than click at a time has been requested and frankly complained about for a long time yet nothing is done.

Return to “Feature Requests”