joesoap583

Feature Request: Turn Off Makerware Services Option

Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm

I wonder if consideration might be given to adding a new menu option to switch off the MakerWare services? Or if they are running when a print via USB starts, to offer an option to switch them off and continue.

It's a pain in the butt going thru all the preparation and issuing a start command, only to find that S3D can't connect to the bot because the MakerWare services are running.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.

TenKOhms

Re: Feature Request: Turn Off Makerware Services Option

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:02 pm

you could always disable it from running at start, I'm not certain, but I'm almost certain if you want to run makerware, it will start the service upon starting the MakerWare program.

joesoap583

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:24 pm

MakerWare does NOT automatically start the services - you have to manually turn them on/off via a MakerWare menu option. It would be a bonus if MakerWare stopped and started its service as it opens/closes.

I know I can disable services via the service control panel, but that wouldn't be very helpful given that I need to switch between S3D and MakerWare frequently.
Creality CR-10S owner.

TenKOhms

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:33 am

joesoap583 wrote:MakerWare does NOT automatically start the services - you have to manually turn them on/off via a MakerWare menu option. It would be a bonus if MakerWare stopped and started its service as it opens/closes.

I know I can disable services via the service control panel, but that wouldn't be very helpful given that I need to switch between S3D and MakerWare frequently.
ahh i see, sorry that's odd most programs should detect if their proper/necessary services are running, I've never used makerware, so I was unsure

AndersE

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Wouldn't this be a makerware request instead of a s3d request?

joesoap583

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:43 pm

AndersE wrote:Wouldn't this be a makerware request instead of a s3d request?
Might as well forget about it then. At least with S3D there is a history of suggestions making it into a future release.
Creality CR-10S owner.

Return to “Feature Requests”