martijnschouten

More toolhead extruder indexes

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm building a printer with 7 extruder's by modifying a Diabase H-series Hybrid as part of my PhD. I would like to use Simplify3D as a slicer, however currently Simplify3D has only 6 toolhead indexes (0,1,2,3,4,5), which makes this pretty much impossible. Therefore, it would be great if you could increase the number of indexes. Or even better, if you make it possible to add additional indexes, since no matter how much you define there will always be someone who needs more of them.

jschroeder

Re: More toolhead extruder indexes

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:09 pm

Just an FYI... I work for a large-format 3D printer manufacturer. While most of our customers request either a single or a dual extruder configuration, the most I've seen a request for was 12 extruders.

In the past few years, we've seen a few requests for 3, 4 or 5 extruders and only a couplel of requests for anything more than 5.

S3D-Jake

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks for this request. We can relate to there being very few requests for anything more than the 6 we already offer. I've documented your request for our development team. I'll keep monitoring your thread to field additional user interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

ProFABB

Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:19 am

and what about a dual extruder printer with two mosaic pallet's? then you already need 8 extruder indexes. or one pallet with four more in series? requires 16 indexes. infinite possibilities. ;)

Return to “Feature Requests”