jschroeder

Speed settings based on height

When printing really tall parts (especially thin-walled parts or with flexible materials), sometimes we need to slow down the print speed (and acceleration/jerk) as the print gets taller.

I know that we can use the Variable Settings Wizzard to setup mutlipe processs and make the changes to print speed on the 'Speeds' tab and using the Scripts to change acceleration/jerk; however, it would be nice to have a table where you can override other settings as this would be much easier.

Code: Select all

Height                     Speed          Acceleration             Jerk
  0                        100%               100%                  100%
100                         90%                90%                   90%
200                         80%                80%                   80%
300                         70%                70%                   70%
400                         60%                60%                   60%
500                         50%                50%                   50%
600                         40%                40%                   40%
etc..
From an implementation standpoint, this would just de-rate the user selected values based on the height of the print from the print bed
S3D-Jake

Re: Speed settings based on height

Thanks for the feature request! I can see this being very complex to integrate with a user's existing set of multiple processes they already have setup. Are you suggesting that your printer's profile would have a defined print speed that would then only be modified by this table at specified heights? How would you as a user want that to interact with other speed based modification settings? Minimum layer times, bridging speed overrides, etc..

Thanks again for your feedback. I'll be watching this thread to more accurately document the request for our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”