Bmanderson82

filament density to travel w/ saved material profile

presently - flow travels w/ material type. same w/ bed temp and hot end temp. awesome stuff really.
cooling also seems to travel.

however, it's been my observation that filament density however - does not travel with saved material type.
I'm sure there are other settings which may travel and may not travel with filament type(s).

it would be greatly appreciated to be able to have this travel w/ the filament type.

same w/ coasting and wipe. as wipe makes for a great ooze control option when printing pets.. but I don't need it on abs or pla.

ASA.. definitely has a different density than pla. hatchbox pla is 1.25, where as formfutura Apollox ASA is 1.11.. and if you fail to catch the density change.. your flow multiplier isn't correct. etc etc etc..
wirlybird

Re: filament density to travel w/ saved material profile

I think you'll find that filament density is only used for the weight and price calculations.

So for example.
I have a profile for a particular printer that is for PLA so the density and cost generally stay the same.
Same as I have another profile for the same machine for ABS and a different density and cost.

So I think what you are asking is already in place if you set up profiles for a filament type.
Bmanderson82

not quite and it does seem to matter when calibrating. for instance, pla is commonly 1.25.. therefore when I calculate my extrusion multiplier it's usually around .96. with formfutura ApolloX ASA... if I leave 1.25 as my filament density, my calculated multiplier ends up around .87... if I perform the same calculation after a print w/ the density set correctly at 1.11 -- my extrusion multiplier comes out closer to .96. so, it appears to impact more than just cost. due to this, this is an option I would like to travel with my various filaments. as the petg I use, is 1.27, my abs is 1.25, my esun eASA is probably something else all together and my formfutura Apollox is 1.11... it's.. annoying.. to have to reset this each time I select a different material profile. nor should I have to hack my FFF.. just to lock this to the material.
S3D-Jake

wirlybird wrote: I think you'll find that filament density is only used for the weight and price calculations.
This is correct.
Bmanderson82 wrote: ...nor should I have to hack my FFF.. just to lock this to the material.
I agree you shouldn't have to change this outside of the software. This ability to assign settings to different auto-configure areas from within the software is a great idea and has been requested already several times. I'd recommend voicing your interest in that feature request in one of the existing topics related to that subject specifically. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3319 or viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13356
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”