guycobb2

Stop building prime pillar after last tool change

I have a dual color print that is roughly 30mm tall but only has dual colors for about 3mm. I oriented it so that those 3mm were on the bottom assuming that after finishing the first 3mm of color changing the purge block would stop since there would be no further swaps. Quite disappointed to see that an entire purge block would be printed. Hard to fathom this obvious logic being overlooked. I’m still in my 2 week trial period.....it’s not looking good so far.
Fin3D

Re: Stop building prime pillar after last tool change

You're right, that's a malfunction of the software: The tower makes no sense after the last tool change.

You can get around it by Variable Settings (splitting) i.e. creating a secondary project without the tower, but surely that should be in the software.
S3D-Jake

Re: Stop building prime pillar after last tool change

Thanks for adding your feedback to this pre-existing feature request. I've paired our tracking of this request with that of the following thread. The behavior improvement should apply to both in the same manner so it makes sense to combine the two into a shared tracking.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7550

Thanks again for your great feedback!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”