airsyspro

Change Scale in Process Settings?

I have a Delta printer that is off by 1.5% in the X and Y dimensions. I know I can correct this in the tool bar settings. However, sometimes I forget to do this as I also have another printer that is perfect. Is there a way to do it in the Edit Process Settings so it is permanent?
S3D-Jake

Re: Change Scale in Process Settings?

Thanks for your question! You can currently use the model import actions options to scale all models you import by a certain percentage. I've moved this to feature requests as it's currently not possible to only do this on a printer by printer basis.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
gavatron3000

Scale added to profiles

Not sure if asked before but it would be excellent if I could assign a scale factor to different profiles to account for material shrinkage rates instead of having to do it each time I import a model.
nophead

Indeed I have been looking for a scale factor. In Skeinforge I scale ABS by 1.0057 because that is how much my ABS shrinks when it cools down from bed temperature to room temperature. I got to this figure on a machine with ball screw axes so the positioning is spot on but objects come out about 0.6% too small. This is significant when you print something 200mm long.
mishazma

Shrinkage compensation for ABS is very necessary. Moreover, a different scale factor for different materials. The horizontal size compensation available in the process settings is not suitable for this, since the size changes relatively.

Return to “Feature Requests”