66tbird

[ADDED] Do not have menus open center screen

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Please have it default to the right side for right menu stuff and upper left for everything else. ;) The work flow is fast but it would be better if I didn't spend so much time moving the popup window out of the way.

KC_703

Re: Feature Request: Do not have menus open center screen

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 pm

Yes, please! Please have the menus open to the side of the screen. Maybe an option to save the "workspace".

adamcooks

Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:29 am

+1 on this one also

Umpa

Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:18 am

A better way IMO would be to have the window remember its position upon closing, that way users with lower screen resolutions will still benefit.

Retroplayer

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Umpa wrote:A better way IMO would be to have the window remember its position upon closing, that way users with lower screen resolutions will still benefit.

Definitely. BTW, there are programs out there that will do this for you. I used them before on a small tablet. I think it was called autosize (just one program I chose, there are several.) Many times, the registry actually stores these positions whether the program uses them or not (at least in XP.)

Ever notice how if the program crashes for some reason, the next time you open it, it opens partially off-screen? That's because the registry entry got corrupted because it didn't close properly.

laird

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Rather than using floating windows, these tools should appear to the side, in a column, like where the 'models' and 'processes' lists are displayed now. Tools like support generation and cross-section views would feel really natural to have available like this, rather than via windows. Windows in front of things really should only be used when you need to pay attention to the dialog in front, and not the main window. For example, "machine control" makes sense in a window.

S3D-Jason

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:46 am

As of version 3.0, all windows now remember their position and will open wherever you last left them. The only windows that open center screen are modal windows where you must exit the window before you can proceed.

Return to “Feature Requests”