smyjpmu

export Gcode to STL with layer lines

(first post)

Hey,

I run a print shop and we make renders of the 3d models we sell but some people complain that there were no layer lines in said renders so they didn't expect to have layer lines when receiving the product.

It would be great if there was a way to export the g-code generated by Simify3D to a 3d model which will include the layer lines of the appropriate height and width as we can see in the g-code viewer. It wod also be helpful to see the infill and other Simplify3d generated structures such as supports or others in said 3d model.

I think that many users of Simify3D are using the software for professional needs as it is very stable and reliable. This would benefit a wide audience and even bring others to the software because of this feature.

Thank you for taking my request into account.

Have a great day,
Anthony at ProtoCases.com
S3D-Jake

Re: export Gcode to STL with layer lines

Fun idea! I'll keep an eye out for other professional users that would want something like this to be included.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
smyjpmu

Re: export Gcode to STL with layer lines

S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:45 am Fun idea! I'll keep an eye out for other professional users that would want something like this to be included.
Thank you for your consideration. It would seem that PrusaSlicer has a similar feature where you can export the g-code to a .OBJ and it even has rounded layer lines and flattened lines to make it extra realistic although they don't slice as well so I think if there would be such a feature on Simplify3d, it would be awesome, especially for the upcoming version 5.

Return to “Feature Requests”