Journeyman

Solving blobs with min Resolution for print+travel, with deviation parameter

An interesting approach to tweaking the performance of the sliced model on our variable hardware:
https://youtu.be/Hvw3DrVAeTA?t=181 (CNC Kitchen, solving blobs on prints)

In S3D, it's possible to use Mesh Reduction to do the equivalent of one of those three settings; we can reduce the complexity of the model in a manner similar to the minimum print resolution.

The settings shown by Stefan, though, offer the unique advantage of targeting the actual printing process, which ought to make it easier to tune. S3D does not have the deviation parameter, particularly, which seems key to making mesh reduction useful from a printing perspective--in other words, simply cutting down the number of triangles isn't as valuable as averaging out the severity of toolhead moves, even though the goal is the same.
S3D-Jake

Re: Solving blobs with min Resolution for print+travel, with deviation parameter

Thanks for sharing! I believe most of these parameters are offered as part of CAD software when you export models for 3d printing. I can see this being very helpful for users that didn't design the models they're trying to print. I'll watch this thread for more user interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”