arhi

Change color of the object if scaled

I just had a 4 hours print, 2-hour post-processing and another hour trying to fit the part to the machine wasted + I broke some parts on the machine (nothing serious but again..) 'cause part was scaled to 97% (no clue how that happened btw, I did not intentionally scale it, probably some accidental shortcut)... it was scaled by small amount enough for me to not notice visually and big enough amount to not properly fit, but just by a bit so I was trying to force-fit it..

So please, make object change color when scaled, if 100% one color, if less than 100% other color (even 99.9%), if more than 100% (even 100.01%) third color .. so that it's very clear if object is not 100.00% scale

In 10 years of printing this is the first time it happened, so it's not a big deal, certainly not s3d's fault but I want this feature now bad, this could of bin a 40 hour print and not 4 and it could of bin peek and not petg and..
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
S3D-Jake

Re: Change color of the object if scaled

Great idea! I'm sorry you had to waste 4 hours in order to come up with such a great feature request. I'll continue t watch this thread for more user interest as well as this thread that is very similar viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14193.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
arhi

ah well life .. what can we do .. this will help prevent someone else having to go trough same hell :D

what begs to answer is how I managed to get it to 97% ... I know I'm using too many different cad/cam programs and they all have different shortcuts, what could I do from keyb/mouse to do this ? ctrl+wheel? or something like this? ctrl +- ?
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
S3D-Jake

arhi wrote: what could I do from keyb/mouse to do this ? ctrl+wheel? or something like this? ctrl +- ?
E switches the 3D view to scale mode. Then a left click and drag would scale the model according to the length of the drag. You could have done this while trying to rotate the model a small amount while zoomed in and it may not have been that obvious.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
tonyno

I like this idea!

Return to “Feature Requests”