leckietech

Help - Bridging over light infill

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:01 am

Hi everyone. Im looking for a solution to add bridge settings to my first solid layer that is over top of 25% infill. I am trying to achieve a top of 3 layers thick with no sagging. I was hoping to bridge the first layer then use the regular 100% rectilinear infill. Image Under the bridging settings I only have an option to apply the settings if under 5mm3 of unsupported structure. I need it to be something like maybe 2 sqmm for the settings to apply but 5 sqmm is the min! Image

dkightley

Re: Help - Bridging over light infill

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Bridging settings are only for where you are printing over fresh air, i.e. outside the shape.....not inside the shape being printed.

If you're having issue with solid infill over a low %age infill, then I suggest using the Variable Settings Wizard to split into two or more profiles...and then increase the %age infill in stages.

There's a new feature request lodged to have variable infill underneath top surfaces...and the user base is waiting and hoping it may be incorporated in v5.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

leckietech

Re: Help - Bridging over light infill

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:26 pm

Thanks for the idea but I am already doing this. Ive sliced a one layer profile, set the top and bottom to 0 and set infill to rectilinear 100% fill. I also set the print speed to about what I want 16mm/s and perimeter underspeed to 200% to maintain the perimeter speed at 32mm/s. To slow down the extruder linear speed is only half the battle, I need more filament flow. If I increase the extruder multiplier then my outside parameters get too fat and bulge with ugly zits. Ive got my filament settings dialed in perfectly. Seems there is no way to extrude more filament only for the infill unless I can make a script and do some math but that is way above my current ability! However, I have to print 10's of thousands of these parts so it is well worth while to come up with the ideal solution.

Hope to see that new feature in V5!

Chris

Return to “Feature Requests”