k1nb0te

Docked control panel

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Been using S3D for about 4 years now. I would love to see a docked control panel or the ability to dock it. When running multiple printers it would be nice to reduce the number of floating windows by half. There are times I have 16 S3D windows floating on my desktop. I am surprised I did not find any other requests for this...

S3D-Jake

Re: Docked control panel

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am

It looks like the last time someone mentioned this was in 2015! viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1876 I think your usage of 16 printers connected to a single computer is far from common. However, that doesn't mean its less valuable or important! Is there anybody else running this many printers or even half as many from one computer? And would you want something like this to be added to Simplify3D?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

arhi

Re: Docked control panel

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:16 pm

S3D-Jake wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am
Is there anybody else running this many printers or even half as many from one computer? And would you want something like this to be added to Simplify3D?
I run a similar number of printers but I could not care less about the control panel. I do not have them connected via USB to the computer but via ethernet. I would like better organization for configurations to fit multi printer setup and ability to "send" g-code to octoprint and rrf directly from s3d without having to use CURL as postprocessor but to be able to directly upload the file from s3d + some basic support like "start the print, stop the print, query status" functionality from both RRF and OctoPrint
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence

Return to “Feature Requests”