dkightley

Re: Print parts of single object sequentially

All attempts to get these three parts to print using sequential printing will FAIL....due to a change in sequential printing behaviour introduced by one of the upgrades....can't remember which one.

When sequential printing multiple parts, if yo place them too close together the sequential printing doesn't work. Move them a little further apart...and sequential printing works. Overlap them.....forget it!

Some would label this as a bug......S3D will probably say its a feature. I label it as an unwanted and undesirable change in functionality that was ill-thought!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
monomgabriel

Do you mean there is no way to print a single object sequentially in Simplify3D?
Do you know another slicer that might do the job?

There is no offense to Simplify3D in my question, I just need a quick way to solve the issue.
monomgabriel

After another test here is what I get:
A collide inside the base for the second part!
Any idea to fix this?
DarthRevan

monomgabriel wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:58 pm After another test here is what I get:
A collide inside the base for the second part!
Any idea to fix this?
The nozzle can't swivel to allow you to print in those corners. You need to measure what your sequential printing clearances are for your nozzle. If the nozzle is fairly standard size you only have about 0.4-0.8mm of clearance if you're trying to print in a nested hole like this.
monomgabriel

I am not trying to build inside this hole, I would like the base to be entirely done before printing the cylinders.
alfredHK

I am new also. I think digging a hole onto the base work but the depth can only be one layer. Print the fast layer of the cylinder with higher temperature, slower and with the fan off. I think it will stick better.
monomgabriel

Sorry for the delay I forgot to tell you that I found a solution.
It is hard to explain but if you look at the file attached you will understand:
Print base and 3 cones together to the layer I want them merged so the holes are filled exactly as if they were printed normally.
From the layer I want them printed separately, print sequentially 3 other cones stacked exactly at the same place than the 3 previews ones.
Do it twice as there is enough space on my buildplate :-)
Hope that can help someone!
20passeCableSequentiel.factory
(200.49 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
TangibleTec

It would still be an absolutely fantastic feature to enable or disable sequential printing for an individual part. If it could have a checkbox to enable or disable this feature under the advanced tab with parameters like max clearance height and minimum extrusion length, it would improve the print quality on so many parts. Here is an example of where a feature like this would be extremely beneficial.
Capture.PNG

Return to “Feature Requests”