makenai

Feature Request: Change Filament at Height

Though it's possible currently by manipulating the GCode and inserting a @pause statement, I'd love for simple GUI support to change filament colors mid-print, similar to the interface the process settings can change at a layer height. I'd love it if it event prompted me for 'Insert green filament now' or something similar in case I zone out, similar to the way a CNC will ask for a specific bit.

Here's more info on single extrude multi-filament printing: http://meow.noopkat.com/3d-printing-in- ... -extruder/
cody

Re: Feature Request: Change Filament at Height

Yes please.
JoeJ

If you insert a "M0" command in the gcode, it will automatically pause the print at that exact location so you can swap the filament. I use this all the time.
Dssguy1

You could say that for a plethora of things you want to do. Just go edit the Gcode.... Oh, then also run it manually through GPX with all the proper flags.

Or just give an option, like the 50,000 other options we have and make it accessible to the masses instead of the few that want to fiddle though thousands of lines of gcode.
scottdanesi

+1 as well.
--Scott Danesi
www.danesidesigns.com
KeyboardWarrior

JoeJ wrote:If you insert a "M0" command in the gcode, it will automatically pause the print at that exact location so you can swap the filament. I use this all the time.
Dssguy1 wrote:You could say that for a plethora of things you want to do. Just go edit the Gcode.... Oh, then also run it manually through GPX with all the proper flags.

Or just give an option, like the 50,000 other options we have and make it accessible to the masses instead of the few that want to fiddle though thousands of lines of gcode.
Adding in the M0 will only work for RepRap machines. For X3G if you are using Sailfish, you can use the Pause at Z-height function. However, Simplify has a really cool feature for when you add in an M0 (RepRap), when it reads that line, it'll show a command prompt letting you know that the print is now paused, then you can use the Machine Control Panel to jog the axis (remove filament if needed), then click resume to continue your print.

Return to “Feature Requests”