we all know v5 will come and will cost to upgrade ... we all know the bad side ($$, lack of information etc etc) but we also know the good sides, so many free slicers out there and we still use s3d as it does the job better and more complete than most of them... so it's a good slicer no matter how badly the community is handled...
so, the v5 is coming
what for you v5 must bring to the table in order for you to open up your wallet and pay for upgrade?
I'll put my list, without these options, I will not be upgrading to v5
1. elephant foot compensation (prusa slicer have solution)
2. arc matching (kiss slicer have solution, there is postprocessing plugin for octoprint, there are forks for slic3r ..)
3. infill optimization (ideamaker, prusa slicer ..)
4. reload STL from disk (most foss slicers support this)
5. cubic infill (most foss slicers support this)
6. insert code at height (ideamaker)
7. firmware retraction (most foss slicers support this)
8. tag objects being printed (prusa slicer)
9. mesh modifier for processes (prusa slicer, slic3r, cura, ideamaker..)
10. seam on sharp corner (almost all foss slicers support this), ideally - select the seam for the corner