CEL-UK

Support for CEL Robox.

After purchasing and testing a copy of Simplify 3D I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the slice engine. I would love to see it support the CEL Robox so other Robox users could use it more easily.
Robox has some extra hardware that would need considering when integrating it.
- No need to add temperatures, the reels hold all the temps required. M103 calls layer one temp, M104 call normal layer temp. M109 wait to reach previous called temp etc. (S### after any temp overrides that on reel)
- M139 calls bed layer one temp, M140 call layer normal bed temp. M190 wait to reach previous called temp etc. (S### after any temp overrides that on reel)
- M170 call temp from filament profile or reel to set ambient build temp. (M170 S## over rides and sets ambient temp)
- T0, T1 select between nozzle 1 (0.3mm) and nozzle 2 (0.8mm)
- the B axis open or closes the needle valve for the nozzle selected. example, "G0 B0" is nozzle closed, "G0 B1" is nozzle open, "G0 B0.5" is nozzle half open.
- E axis is extruder 1, D axis is extruder 2 ( the dual nozzle head can accept upto 2 material feeds simultaneously.)
- Robox works in volume not filament length, setting the diameter of the filament to 1.1283791670955125738961589031215 does the same and the firmware works out how much length to push based of on the parameters set on the reel or material profile. these can all be changed during a print and again the firmware will instantly adjust material federate accordingly.
- G36 Move filament until slip [E / D F] E = Extruder 1 (mm³), D = Extruder 2 (mm³), F=Speed mm³/min. This will feed the specified volume at the specified feedrate, until the extruder index wheel detects that the filament is no longer moving.
- G37 Unlock door [S] S = Override Safe Temperature (Bed) (°C) This will unlock the door immediately if no S value is present, or allow the door unlock at a specified bed temperature. e.g. G37 S50 will unlock the door when the bed temperature reaches 50°C.
- G38 Level gantry Using the input from two G28 Z probes at least 100mm apart in the X direction, this command automatically levels the gantry to make it parallel to the bed.
- G39 Level bed (compensate Z according to Y) Using the input from two G28 Z probes at least 100mm apart in the Y direction, this command automatically drives the Z axis during printing to keep the nozzle the same distance from the bed.
- M120 Load filament [E D] E = Extruder 1, D = Extruder 2. This executes the loading sequence for the specified extruder, however it is rarely required as this is triggered by movement of the indexing wheel when the output switch is open (i.e. no filament loaded).
- M121 Unload filament [E D] E = Extruder 1, D = Extruder 2. This executes the unloading sequence for the specified extruder when the output switch is closed (i.e. filament loaded).
- M128 Head lights off This turns the LEDs on the bottom of the printing head off.
- M129 Head lights on This turns the LEDs on the bottom of the printing head on.
- M909 Set filament slip detection threshold (mm) [S] This command defines the difference between how far filament has been told to travel, and how far it travels in order to trigger a filament slip error. i.e. if this value is set to 2mm, and the filament is told to travel 10mm, a error will be triggered if it moves <8mm.

Anyway, will try and bash this out with their programmers when I get a response from my emails later last week, fingers crossed.

Return to “Feature Requests”