dennisjm

Re: Reload Part

They know about this request. We just don't know if/when they'll implement it. But hey, can't hurt to keep letting everyone know we want it ;)
tonyno

Yep!
vindolin

+++

That was the first feature I was looking for in the 4.1 changelog :(, it would make the design workflow, especially with more than one part, so much easier.
C'mon Slic3er, Repetierhost and Cura have it too!
gearsawe

Or even a symbol next to the part name noting a part file has change giving the option to update the part. Maybe not automatically but at least let you know there is a change to the original part. a simple record part location and date last modified?
clarkbra

I came here just to suggest this feature. Many models I reload 5-10 times tweaking the model to improve printing.

I've used a text compare program that pops up a notification "File has updated on disk, reload?" if the file changes. This could be disabled in settings, but if the file ever updates, there's a reason.
sstephan

+1 to that feature
McClean

+1 - im missing this feature very much
rlb408

I started using Cura with a new printer and even though it has a lot of pretty bad UE features, it will notify you asynchronously when one of the currently loaded stl files changes, and ask you if you want to reload it. Wow! It's like waking up on a warm spring morning with a gentle breeze coming in the window.

There are a lot of things I like about Simplify3D But this one feature will block me from switching over to Simplify3D for my new printer. I may very well switch to Cura for my first printer when I have the time.

Has anyone head a response from Simplify3D people? I run the dev group at a moderately-sized company and when we get even a handful of customers, we at least respond with a statement about where it will show up on our roadmap. I can just hear Simplify3D's NPS rating dropping, at least from the consumer and prosumer market.
gearsawe

This posting started back in 2014? and seems to get a lot of attention.
I would hope this would be part of version 5?

I would think checking the last absolute value for a last modify change would suffice.

Then do you have it recenter everything? re-apply all rotations and scale?
I assume there will be some problems if the geometry changes to much you might end up with a part floating or under the bed.
S3D-Jake

Thanks to everybody for their great feedback and consistent interest in this feature. Our development team is working hard towards our next release. I've added this to our official feature request tracking and will monitor this thread for increases in generated interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”